*

Welcome traveler...

..for those who seek magical worlds..

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thank You Magic Key



I clutched on to this key with all my might for I think I understand now... as I squeezed it, I opened my eyes and there was my beloved Willy, sitting up against the white nothing of Nowhere. I grabbed him and no longer did I see that hairy beast before me, but I saw hope. Willy and I walked through a thicket until we approached the great castle in the distance.

The trail was moist beneath our feet. This was a good time to take a tea break as Willy and I were accustomed to do, but we had no time to waste. Something deep inside of me urged me to press on and forget for a moment, the comforts of our lives.

On the way, I learned a great lesson: idleness and carelessness can get you in big trouble on this path, especially in this land of large hairy beasts...



This poor chap didn't make it; Willy and I ambled our way around this mess and pressed on. Fear sat heavy in our hearts, but as I plucked out a long, strong blade of grass, I used it to string the key through and I hung it around my neck. There it lay, swinging and beating against my breast, tapped against the violent beating of my heart, calming its rhythm. Calm triumphed over me--I had to be strong for the both of us. Where was this key taking us?

3 comments:

The Dutchess said...

Oh ...this was thrilling..now I am leaving for a walk with Nowhere on my mind;))))

Deborah said...

Oh I like this idea...the magic of moving into another land. Great fun!

Unknown said...

In our imagination the key can take us to Nowhere and Somewhere and Overthere and Throughthere...any land, any time, any moment...