*

Welcome traveler...

..for those who seek magical worlds..

Friday, November 27, 2009

After Dinner



The crème brûlée pumpkin pie sat just right in Rattus's stomach. The Dutchess's grootmoeder had made a spread of all sorts of pastries; she had studied under Escoffier in Paris and passed on her skills to her beloved Dutchess.

After a pleasant conversation, Rattus nodded off while the others chattered away in the kitchen, washing dishes and reminiscing about the Thanksgiving feast. Grootmoeder lulled Rattus to sleep as she told the story about the cabinet that her husband had built and the magical alphabet.....

6 comments:

The Dutchess said...

I don't know what to say(write)..this is so amazing! Your drawing is sweet and it gives one just the exact "feeling" of the story! Maybe we should work together..you could make the illustrations of A Mouse Tale..did you ever concider doing such...or are you all ready doing so in your very own story book?
You should...Thank you for this one..Hugs from all of us..:)

The Dutchess said...

The little face of grootmoeder is adorable..

Unknown said...

Such a big yawn before bed tonight. I can hardly keep my eyes open but had to visit Nowhere...it could have been the turkey. Rattus is in his right mind...sound asleep and I'm to follow. Night night friends from Gretta and Jacqueline.

Rattus Scribus said...

My dearest Anita
You know that I have always loved your drawings. That's my Rattus there with his head slumped to the side sleeping. For he has eaten too much turkey and gravy and special seasoned potatoes, and greenbeans, and herbed rice, and brioche, and salad, and beer, and coffee and crème brûlée pumpkin pie, and tea, and then the next course.
I love your drawings because they capture a cuteness that's hard to find elsewhwere.
Love,
Rattus

P.S., It's time for the third course.

Bonnie said...

Hi Anita,
You have TWO magical blogs?!!! I simply must follow along for I love a mystical magical fanciful journey!
Bonnie from Love Your Place :)

Bonnie said...

I'm loving the drawing Anita! Rattus looks quite comfortable.

~Bonnie~